JOIN THE MX3 TEAM
Current positions in Austin
$75,000.00 + Bonus + Benefits.
Expanding Austin Home Builder is looking for an experienced Purchasing & Estimating professional to join our team. We need your expertise to help us get to the next level in our pursuit of accuracy and value engineering. This role requires significant RESIDENTIAL P&E experience (a minimum of 5 years of comprehensive P&E duties). Single Family Residential Homebuilding Purchasing experience is required for this opportunity.
Your Daily Disciplines:
- Review construction plans, analyze blueprints and create take-off sheets for materials.
- Work closely with Design & Construction team leads to spec out materials.
- Identify areas for cost savings and quality improvement by applying your experience with Value Engineering principles.
- Meet with Trade Partners (Suppliers, Vendors, Subs & Tradesmen) and potential Trade Partners to discuss alternative materials and/or practices that enhance your understanding of market alternatives.
- Prepare bid lists, bid out floorplans, and expertly analyze Trade Partner responses for completeness, value, and potential for Trade Partner success in addition to costs.
- Make team-based decisions on Trade Partner selections for specific regions and neighborhoods.
- Build Trade Partner database, bringing in trusted Partners from your existing relationships while constantly reaching out new potential Partners.
- Process Variance Purchase Order requests (VPO’s) with urgency to ensure smooth materials delivery to the field.
- Perform root-cause analysis on all VPO’s, incorporating findings into all similar issues present in the existing materials delivery pipeline and removing core errors from all future jobs.
Your Knowledge & Skills:
- A minimum of four years of residential construction knowledge and Residential P&E experience is required.
- Proficiency in reviewing and understanding Architectural and Structural drawings as well as Specifications.
- Advanced understanding of residential construction principles and standard building practices.
- Experience developing estimates of building materials for Residential projects to include the following categories: foundations, framing, MEP’s, floor & roof truss systems, roofing, doors and windows, drywall, flooring, exterior finishes (vinyl, brick, stone, soffit & fascia), interior finishes (cabinetry, countertops, plumbing and lighting), and finish carpentry.
- Outstanding ability to create, promote, sustain and enhance Trade Partner relationships (Suppliers & Subs), setting Trade Partner expectations for required scope, quality and performance measures.
- Ability to organize and effectively communicate in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to work independently andwithin a cross-discipline team environment.
- Proven time management skills.
- Outstanding ability to plan, prioritize, categorize and follow up, follow up, follow up.
- Strong sense of urgency, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a passion for “owning” your work, and a desire to help the company reach its goals each day.
- Strong computer, analytic and documentation skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Experience with electronic P&E systems is required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Normal office conditions apply: candidate must have clear, close vision for reading and computer work, must be able to sit, stand, walk, balance, stoop, grasp, talk, hear and operate computer keyboard.
- Job may require reaching at or above shoulder level and below waist; will occasionally lift/push/pull up to 40 pounds.
- At times, perform jobsite visits to resolve discrepancies, execute field verifications (product count & materials usage), and enhance your knowledge of our product; this will by definition include navigating an active construction site and the hazards inherent in an active construction environment.
- At times, Trade Partner warehouse visits may be required, subjecting you to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
What We Offer:
- A well-paid, full time salaried position with potential for annual incentive pay and an employer contribution $345.00 per month to your health insurance premiums offered under the company plan.
- Up to 3 weeks paid vacation per year, accrued with hours worked.
- Annual performance bonus opportunity.
- A progressive, fast-paced, rapidly expanding company that values your leadership and will allow you to make this role “your own”.
- A chance to build a department, putting your stamp of excellence on everything it becomes.
Salary: $65,000.00 /year
MX3 Homes offers a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. We are a locally owned, private homebuilder. We offer great benefits and a rewarding work environment for our team member. Our focus is on doing things right, showing we care and putting our process in perspective so that we add value in what we do for our fellow team members, trades and vendors we work with and ultimately our clients. We want problem solving go-getters with a great attitude and a sense of pride in what they contribute. We want people who love what they do. Does this sound like someone describing you? If so, pick up the phone and give us a call!
This capacity will be on site in one of our active communities. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
*Daily onsite management of all residential homebuilding construction operations.
*Scheduling of work and materials needed to meet objectives of performance for construction and warranty assignments.
*Assignment and communication with vendors to meet dates for timely performance and completion of work on homes under construction and warrantable items.
*Review and assignment of completion items for applicable requirements with building inspections, performance standards of MX3 Homes, Developer tasked compliance, SWPPP compliance and homeowner input.
*Filing, submittal and follow up with entities in obtaining all permits.
*Scheduling of inspections, on site interaction with inspectors and ensuring all work in compliance to code and MX3 Homes quality assurance programs.
*Scheduling and performance of home presentation, explanation of warranty program and customer service tasks.
*Coordinated input with regard to decisions of vendor and trade assignment and processes.
*Coordinated scheduling with onsite sales team members for best presentation of model home and community on a daily basis.
*Outgoing personality and ability to represent MX3 Homes as an ambassador of our culture and image in every aspect of daily activities.
This opportunity offers great career growth potential, an excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical/dental, cell phone allowance, mileage reimbursement, bonuses on homes under construction and also an annual discretionary bonus as defined by established, attainable metrics.
Job Type: Full-time